Romantic Easter Ideas
Yes, Easter can be Romantic.
I got talking with some girlfriends and said “I’m brainstorming ideas for my husband’s Easter basket this year. What do you guys do?”
The response I got was surprising to me. It’s funny how our own traditions make us assume everyone is like we are. It seemed I was in the minority when it came to Easter baskets for the adults. Now, obviously there is no right or wrong in Easter Bunny Land, however, I will share with you some ideas in case you’d like to surprise your Husband this year with a basket of treats.
Here are some of the Easter Bunny’s favorite things to treat my husband with.
1. Football or baseball cards. Now this is one of my Husband’s interests, but mostly because he likes to collect them and talk about them with our son. However, I think he enjoys it just as much as our son does.
2. A gift certificate to his favorite restaurant, not your favorite restaurant. If he loves going to the greasy place with all the football games on TV, then that may be a good choice.
3. It’s the season for baseball, so tickets to see one professional game, or season tickets to college baseball games would be a great gift. Just think of his favorite team, and go from there.
4. Summer fun ideas. Are his rollerblades beat up? Has his basketball seen better days? How about a new running pack? The Easter Bunny could get him a gift certificate to buy one at his favorite sports store.
5. Time to break out the grill. If your husband loves to grill as much as mine does, then the Easter Bunny could bring him grill tools, meat seasonings, a new basket or even a cool manly apron.
On Easter morning, after the kids have found their baskets. (The Easter Bunny hides ours, does he hide yours?) Then, look at Hubby and say “You didn’t look for yours yet.” Watch the kids’ excitement as they run around with your Husband to find his goodies. And watch the surprise on his face when he see what you’ve done for him.
Of course, if the Easter Bunny brings your Husband a basket, then whip one up for yourself as well. I’m sure there’s a new bath scrub or movie you’ve been wanting.
Copyright 2006. Nicole Dean